Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, February 11, 2011

Vases and Flowers, 2nd Grade

I am in the mood for spring, and I am tired of all my winter lessons. So this week, I decided to have my second graders do these flower still lives. This is a fun lesson to teach symmetry. To make the vase, we fold a piece of paper in half and draw half of the vase along the fold. We then cut it out. The petals themselves are also symmetrical. To make these, I had the students cut four pieces of paper at once. (That way, they ended up with four symmetrical petals). We then bent the petals, and glued them so that they stuck up off the paper. I just love these flowers. I hung these in the hallway, and it certainly brightens things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment