Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, February 21, 2011

Clay Cupcakes

I teach a small Saturday ceramics class at the local community center. Recently, we made these wonderful cupcakes. I found this great lesson idea on Artolazzi. For the bottom of the cupcake, we used a silicone muffin cup. Students made a small pinch pot, which was then pressed into the muffin cup. The top of the cupcake was made with another pinch pot. Students then decorated the top of their cupcakes. These were first bisque fired and then glazed. These look delicious enough to eat.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I just did this same lesson!! Crazy! Haha..

    Anywho- I just passed the Stylish Blogger award to you! Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete