Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, February 25, 2011

Trucks and Tractors, Kindergarten

Every year, around this time, the Kindergarten teachers do a Wheel theme with the students. Once I hear that the Kinders are doing this theme again, I break out this Truck and Tractor lesson. It's a success every time. After all, Kindergartners LOVE trucks, so of course my students really get into this lesson.
Quite a while ago, I saw this lesson on Deep Space Sparkle, and I have used this lesson many times. Basically, I begin this lesson by teaching students how to break up a truck into shapes. For example: A circle can be a wheel, or a rectangle can be the body of the truck. I have the students draw everything with a thick black marker. After this, I give the students oil pastels to color their truck. I usually encourage the students to color the entire page, leaving no white space.
I think these turned out quite Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. there's something really magical about the "wonky" way little kids put geometric shapes together.

    ReplyDelete