Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snowmen Are Awesome!

A few days ago, I posted about the large snowmen being hung up around the school. Each teacher and school employee got one large snowman to decorate any way they wanted. When it first started, people thought the snowmen were cool, but now they are getting AWESOME. While there is no prize and it was never meant to be a competition, people have gotten very competitive about the snowmen. Teachers are feeling like they have to out do each other, and each snowman is getting better than the last. Here are some of the cool snowmen that have been done.
Some teachers are decorating it themselves. Some are getting parents to decorate them, and some are having their students work on the snowmen. What I really like about the snowmen is that it is getting the entire school psyched about being creative. Even teachers who have little creativity are coming out with awesome snowmen.
The one above is a snowman of the school principal, and it actually looks a lot like him.

10 comments:

  1. Holly I love this! So funny. One year I had my students decorate a full size outline of their teacher that represented things she liked. They were so funny. One hand was waving "goodbye" in all the pictures. I hung them down the main hallway the very last day of school because we do this thing called THE WAVE. We do a final bus call and then stand by the buses and wave to the kids (teachers, cafeteria workers, custodians, principal) and the buses beep like crazy. The kids hang out the windows and wave. Some of the teachers still kept theirs! I can't wait to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute idea! I wonder if I can get my teachers to try it...hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snowman (or I should say snowwoman) with the coconut bra HAS to be my favorite. I definitely would like to do this in my school - probably too late for this year - everyone already has too much holiday stress - but maybe AFTER new years - there's plenty of snow to come after all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok..I'm doing this with my teachers...and they are lovin' it. The variety is amazing. Some are having their students help/do it....some are so excited they are doing it themselves. I'm making snowman alley...put them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. E, Make sure you post pictures of your snowman alley. Can't wait to see what your teachers do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holly...this was the first few days...I need to take more pictures because it has exploded!!! Oh my gosh..the teachers & staff are lovin' them some snowmen!!! I have had more requests for blank bodies. We're going to vote for the Best Theme, Snowman that looks most like the maker, and Best student assisted snowman.
    http://artwithmre.blogspot.com/2010/12/snowmen-st-at-tge.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great idea. I saw the link over on Mr.E's blog and I wanted to come read about it here too. I think it's just a great idea and I'm eager to get our staff involved in it too. We will start just after the holidays to have them ready by our special open house on Feb 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mr. E, It is amazing how excited the teachers get by decorating a snowman. I like the idea of voting on the best one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I would love to jump on this idea. I think it would be a great January project. Thanks for posting! Now I need to hop over to Mr.E's blog to take a look at his.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I linked back to you today for sharing this, THANKS for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete