Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, December 5, 2010

Indian Elephants, 3rd Grade

I absolutely LOVE this lesson, and NO I can not take credit for this one. I stole it from Painted Paper, which is an awesome blog by the way. I had to simplify this lesson a bit in order to get it done in one hour, but I think they turned out quite nice. To begin with, I had the students draw an elephant on grey paper. Students then cut the elephants out. After this, students used sponges with black and white paint to add texture. Next, we glued the elephant to construction paper. Students then used colored paint to add designs to their elephants. Many students even decorated the border of the paper. Lastly, students glued gems to their elephants. In order to keep students from using too many gems, I limited them to only six. I told the students, "when it comes to sparkly things, less is more."

4 comments:

  1. Son preciosos!!!! Enhorabuena por tu espacio creativo, me gusta mucho.

    Saludos desde EspaƱa.

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I loved this post too, here are our interpretations: http://mmereddickart.blogspot.com/2010/10/divali-elephants.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these!!! I might have to do something like this:).

    ReplyDelete