Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, December 12, 2010

Lighthouse in winter, 4th Grade

I LOVE winter and I LOVE lighthouses. For this project, I thought I would combine the two. We began by drawing out a simple round shape for the ground, and a simple horizon line. We painted the sky, water and the land with tempera paint. Lastly, we cut out a lighthouse from construction paper and glued it to the painting. I think these turned out very nice. I like how some of my students added boats and whales in the ocean. I didn't tell them to do this, they just did it on their own. I Love when my students come up with good ideas. I just wish I could have had more time on this project. We really had to rush to get it done in 75 minutes.
The basic idea for this lesson came from Deep Space Sparkle. I changed it to a winter scene, but it's basically the same idea.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the combination of winter and lighthouses. It's a fun twist and a refreshing change from snowmen and winter trees (which of course I've been doing lately. :D)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. I'll bet many of my students have never seen a real lighthouse.

    ReplyDelete