Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Cardinals, 2nd Grade

I LOVE snow, but we are still waiting for it here in Maryland. I figure if we paint enough snow, maybe mother nature will get the hint. Anyway, for this project I had my students paint cardinals. I began by teaching the students how to draw a cardinal. Then, I showed them how to draw branches. After this, we began painting. We painted the blue background first, and then we painted everything else. Lastly, we splatter painted the snow onto our paper. Of course the splattering was the students favorite part.These turned out very nice. It certainly makes me want to see some real snow. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

5 comments:

  1. it worked for me 2 snowdays! hope some come your way!
    I love these little birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this project! I think I would do it with 4th grade though (with higher expectations, of course), since we are in NC and cardinals are our state bird!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! We have snow in Pa but not enough!! Send some our way to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Holly, I love these I was just contemplating lesson ideas for the New Year and considering Cardinals when I discovered yours...terrific!!
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete