Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, May 12, 2011

Starry Night, Kindergarten

I have done this project before, and every year I love the results. I always do this at the end of the year because my Kindergartners really don't have the motor skills needed until then. I begin this project by showing Van Gogh's Starry Night. We discuss color and brush work in his painting. To start their artwork, I have them draw stars, a moon, and wind onto their paper with oil pastels. Next, I hand out purple and blue watercolors, which they use to paint the sky. The houses were done on black paper, which were cut out and glued to their painting. I really love the movement in these paintings.

1 comment:

  1. Your kindergarten students did a great job with lines and colors.
    The second picture is my favorite

    ReplyDelete