Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Space, 1st Grade

I have been doing a lot of space themed lessons recently. This is my first grade space project. Basically, my students used a black crayon to draw planets, stars, moons, suns, aliens, etc. Next all of these things were colored with oil pastels. I emphasize the importance of coloring neatly and dark, since the paint will stick to all things that are left as plain white paper. Finally, I gave my students blue and black watercolor paints to paint the sky.
I think adding a little blue in the background, makes these space pictures look more authentic.

No comments:

Post a Comment