Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, May 8, 2011

Shapes, Kindergarten

Recently, I needed a quick simple lesson that I could do with my kindergartners. While searching the internet, I found this wonderful lesson from Laugh Paint Create. This was perfect timing because my little kindergartners have been learning about shapes in math class. This was a really simple lesson. I gave each table a pile of pre-cut shapes, which students pieced together to create houses, boats, waves, etc. For the bridge, I just photocopied it onto construction paper, and then had my students cut it out. Before gluing, I had my students design their pictures by laying their shapes onto black paper. They were not allowed to glue until they had my permission. (This makes them think before gluing).
I just love the way these look when hung together.

2 comments: