Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Saturday, September 11, 2010

Monet, 4th Grade

Recently, I have been teaching the fourth graders about Monet. For this project, I wanted the students to paint in the style of Monet. Before beginning, we looked at many examples of artwork by Monet. We discussed how he used short thick brush strokes in his paintings. To begin the project, we drew a very simple lake in pencil. To paint the lake, we used white, blue, and purple. I encouraged the kids to paint with tiny brush strokes. To paint the background, we used green, blue and yellow. Lastly students used black to paint in the bridge. Some students chose to paint waterlilies in their lakes.
Overall, I think these turned out really well. I think the fourth graders really do understand Impressionism now.

2 comments: