I realize that it is still Fall, but I can't help thinking about winter. Winter is my absolute favorite season! I just love snow. This is a project I did with Kindergartners last year.
Here are the steps:
1. Fold a piece of paper in half and draw half a snowman along the fold. Then cut it out. They now have two snowmen. (The whole one and the one with the negative space of the snowman). We will use the paper with the negative space of the snowman for our stencil. (you can save the other one for another project)
2. Put your stencil in the middle of a blue piece of construction paper
3. Use a sponge and white paint to dab inside the stencil (make sure students do not move stencil and that students are dabbing and not painting with the sponge). When students lift up the stencil, they will have a snowman shape on their paper.
4. Use Q-tips to put snow falling from the sky.
5. Q-tips can also be used to add buttons, eyes, mouth, arms, etc.
Students love this project and so do I! You are never too old to make a snowman!