Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, November 23, 2009

Rainforest Birds, 4th Grade

Today we created Rainforest birds. I showed the students how to draw the bird and then we added leaves and flowers in the background. The bird was colored completely with oil pastels. As I always do with my students, I had them blend colors together with their fingers. The leaves and flowers were only outlined with oil pastels. Then watercolors were used to fill in the background.
These turned out wonderful. I am so proud of the 4th graders!!

No comments:

Post a Comment