Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, November 9, 2009

Mixed Breed Animals, 2nd Grade





In this project, we looked at drawings of "Mixed Breed Animals" from the Middle Ages. They were told to choose 2-3 animals and combine them. To help the students with this, I brought in lots of photos of real animals. Having photos to look at really does help them a lot. After everything was drawn in pencil, I had them color everything with watercolor pencils. My students love these, they always think it is magic when water is brushed on top and it turns to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment