Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, November 23, 2009

Aboriginal Dot Paintings, 3rd Grade





Students have recently been learning about traditions from many different cultures, so I thought it would be fun to do an Aboriginal art lesson. The Aborigines are the Natives of Australia and are known for their dot paintings. I showed the students many examples of Aboriginal dot paintings (there are a lot of examples of these on google images).
.
We then created our own dot paintings. On a piece of construction paper, students drew simple designs. Then using Q-tips, students used tempera paint to add color. Students could only use dots!! We then drew animals on black construction paper and glued them on top of our designs.
This is a very simple project, but I like the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment