Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bad Hair Day, 3rd Grade

This project was a lot of fun, and the kids liked it too. I began this lesson by teaching students the basic proportions of the human face. Then students drew crazy wild hair styles.
I did this project in two different ways. In the first class, I had them color them. In the second, I had them leave it black and white. I am partial to the black and white version. However, coloring was nice too.
Some of my students decided to hide things in the tangle of hair. One student actually put a rat crawling inside the hair. I thought that was incredibly creative. Unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of that one. Next time I do this lesson, I may encourage students to hide things in the hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment