Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, May 31, 2012

Clay Tile Mural Completed!


 I finally completed the clay tile mural today.  Attaching these tiles was extremely time consuming. First I had the custodian screw a large piece of plywood into the wall.  Then, I used tile adhesive to attach each tile.  Lastly, I used grout to fill in the spaces.  This was my first time tiling a wall, so it was definitely a learning experience. 
I need give a huge shout out to Deep Space Sparkle.  With out the help of her blog, and detailed Ceramic Tile Booklet, I would never have been able to finish this project.  If you are planning a project like this, you should definitely check out her site. 
I think this mural turned out very well.  It was a ton of work, but I think it was worth it.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great, you did a fantastic job! Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can imagine the work that went into it, but so worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Keith Haring's work and your students did him proud! Nice work!

    :)Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember seeing your mural in the spring, but I didn't see that you did the tiling yourself. Nice. I wrote a grant to do a tile mural, so good to hear that I might be able to save a bit of that money to do the tiling myself.

    ReplyDelete