Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Flower Stained Glass, 3rd grade



I did these near the beginning of the school year with my 3rd graders. The idea was to create a stained glass window with a wilted flower motif. I can not take complete credit for this project. I found it on one of my favorite websites, http://www.mrsbrownart.com/4th.htm. It is inspired after the wilted flower and stained glass windows in Beauty and the Beast.


Here are the basic directions:

1. Show students how to draw a wilted flower (I chose to show them a sunflower)

2. color it in with oil pastels (you could also have them paint it)

3. Use a ruler and a black crayon (or marker) to draw straight lines behind the flower

4. Paint the rest of the picture with watercolors



I think these are wonderful!!!

2 comments:

  1. HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! That was my lesson!! :) She took it from my summer art camp that was based on Beauty & the Beast!! It's nice to see that lesson makin' the rounds!! Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Ted, That's funny. I love how art lessons can make it around the entire country through the internet. Kudos for this lesson. My students loved it.

    ReplyDelete