Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Ocean Silhouettes

 It's the end of the year, and I needed a quick, fun, and simple lesson. This lesson was perfect because it's fun, uses few supplies and takes little time. My second graders created these silhouette ocean scenes.  I found the basic idea for this lesson at: http://youngschoolart.blogspot.com/2016/10/2nd-gradesilhouettes.html?m=1.  This took two classes to complete.  In the first class, students created the watercolor background. We discussed warm and cool colors to create the background.  During the second class, students used black sharpies to create silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment