Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Prints, 5th Grade

 These are styrofoam prints created by my fifth graders.  Each student carved a design into a piece of styrofoam, and then printed it four times.  I kept this fairly open ended.  Students could create any design as long as it didn't have words or letters.  Students also chose the colors they wanted to print. Some students chose to make all four prints the same color, while others chose multiple colors.   
 I think these turned out really well!

2 comments:

  1. These look great! What type of Styrofoam did you use and what type of paint?
    Wondering if Styrofoam from, say, an egg carton would work?
    Thanks,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used styrofoam specifically meant form print making. Here is a link:https://www.schoolspecialty.com/scratch-art-foam-board-printing-plate-assorted-408108. I have used egg cartons in the past, but it is harder for kids to carve nice lines, but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete