Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Music, 2nd Grade

I have done this lesson many times with many different grades. It is one of my favorites. For this lesson, we focus on Jazz music. I first have my students listen to jazz, and we discuss how music has rhythm and movement. We then discuss how artists can use lines and patterns to show movement and rhythm as well.Students begin by drawing and cutting out a guitar. Then, students cut out smaller shapes to add details and designs to their artwork. During the last ten minutes of class, I allow them to use oil pastels to add final details.

1 comment:

  1. Tolle Idee auch für meine kleinen Farbkleckse.
    Liebe Grüße Kerstin

    ReplyDelete