Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chinese Dragons, 4th Grade

I've taught this lesson many times in the past, and it is always a favorite with my students. I originally found this lesson on The Incredible Art Department. For wonderfully detailed instructions on this project, just click on the link above. These are very fun!

2 comments:

  1. Do you have any examples of using white on black, like if creating an engraving? I'm a parent trying to do art in a 4th, 5th combo class and I've appreciated and used several of your ideas during this year.
    Thank you so much! Odile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Odile, I have never done an engraving project. The closest thing I have done is Styrofoam printmaking. I will be posting on a printmaking project soon.

      If you are looking to do a project that looks similar to engraving, maybe you could do something on scratch-board. While that is not actually an engraving, it does look kind of like one.

      Delete