Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Random Clay Creations, Summer Art

This summer, during my clay class, I have given students quite a bit of free time with the clay. I always remind students that things made with clay need to be either hollow or flat. Really thick clay pieces will blow up in the kiln. I tell students that their clay creation has to pass my inspection before going into the kiln. My students have come up with some great creations, and I just thought I would share some of them with you.
I really like how my students have taken the skills I have taught them and applied it to their own clay creations.

1 comment:

  1. It looks like the kids had a great time making these - they're terrific! The shiny glazes make me wish I had a kiln and didn't have to use just air dry clay painted with school acrylics.

    ReplyDelete