Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, July 5, 2010

Coil Pots, Summer Art

I had my students make coil pots last week. They had to make three coil pots that were at least five inches tall. These pots could be a typical coil pot, or more interesting with spirals and designs.
The hardest thing about the coil pots is making sure they connect the coils well. Some students get lazy and don't score or slip the pots. When they do this, sometimes the pot will fall apart before even making it to the kiln. I try to encourage them to take their time and create a piece that will last. I just love the way the pots look after being glazed.

No comments:

Post a Comment