Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, September 27, 2009

Leaf Prints, Kindergarten

Just wanted to share these wonderful Kindergarten prints. These prints were done with real leaves. I can not take complete credit for this lesson because I found it on Deep Space Sparkle and adapted it to my kindergartners.


Directions:
1. white paint is brushed on the back of the leaf


2. Flip leaf over onto the black paper. Place a scrap piece of paper over it and rub.


3. The students are amazed when they lift the leaf up and see the print. They think it's magic. :)


4. The space around the leaf was stamped with a sponge. (make sure to tell them Not to paint on top of the leaf)
I just love this project. Kindergartners are awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment