Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, September 28, 2009

Covered Wagons, 5th Grade

Last year, I needed to come up with a lesson about pioneers. This is what I came up with.


This is a little on the crafty side, but I did let the students use their creativity to add decorations to these wagons.












These were made out of milk cartons. We cut the milk carton in half and painted them brown. The wagon cover was just a piece of paper sliped in. Wheels were cut out of poster board.

I am aware that these are not historically accurate, since pioneer wagons were not this colorful. However, I figured it was okay since pioneer wagons were also not made of milk cartons. :)



I really do think these turned out cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment