Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Space, 2nd Grade

I had my second graders draw space last week. We began by painting white stars on black paper. Then, I had the students draw planets, rockets, stars, and even aliens on small pieces of scrap white paper. We colored all of these things with oil pastels. Finally, we cut all of these things out and glued it onto our black paper.

These turned out so awesome! Second Graders are always so creative.

2 comments:

  1. The black paper really makes the drawings stand out! Very creative indeed! I bet the boys really enjoyed this especially?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Yes the boys did especially love this project. Girls liked it too, but the boys were especially enthusiastic .

    ReplyDelete