Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, March 26, 2010

Kindergarten, Flowers

Spring is now here! The weather is warmer and flowers are beginning to bloom, so I thought this was the perfect time to create flowers. These were created by my Kindergartners. To create these flowers, I had the students tear a piece of paper into four pieces. Each piece becomes a petal. Then I have students twist and scrunch the bottoms of each piece to form the petal. Students then glue the petals to the paper. (It is important to emphasize that each flower has 4 petals, and the petals should be close together). In the middle of the petals, students put a tissue paper ball. Each student put 3-4 flowers on their paper. The stems and leaves were drawn in with oil pastels.

These are so beautiful! I got this idea from Oodles of Art. If you haven't checked out this blog yet, you should, it's full of great ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment