Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, March 5, 2010

Chinese Dragons- 4th Grade

This was my Chinese New Years lesson. Originally, I was going to do this lesson a while ago, but we had a snow day on the real Chinese New Years. Better Late than never though!
This was such a fun exciting project to do with the students, and the kids LOVE it! Basically, we drew a head on one piece of paper and a tail on another. I did give students basic instruction on how to draw this. We then cut both the head and the tail out. After that, we used long strips of paper and did an accordion fold for the middle. I found this lesson on The Incredible Art Department, which is an awesome website by the way. If you need detailed instructions, please visit that website. The link above will take you directly to this lesson. It does a nice job explaining everything step by step.


I can't even express how much I LOVE these! They look even cooler in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment