Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Plaster Wrap Sculptures, 5th Grade

Every year I try to have my students create sculptures from recycled materials.  Usually we do it with papermache. However, this year, I thought I would try plaster wrap instead.  I LOVED plaster wrap, because it was easy to clean up and dried quickly.
Students began by creating sculptures out of bottles, foil, cardboard, and other recycled materials. After this, students covered their sculptures in plaster wrap.   Lastly, students painted their sculptures with tempera paint.
I think these turned out Wonderful!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete