Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, April 28, 2016

Clay Faces, 5th Grade

 I love teaching ceramics, but it is difficult to do when you teach short 30 minute art lessons.  This year, I think I finally came up with a ceramics lesson that could be taught in that amount of time.  It also allowed for a variety of results and encouraged student creativity, which is also sometimes difficult when teaching clay lessons in a short amount of time.
  Students used simple handbuilding techniques to create these. They first created a slab of clay.  Then,  students added details by using the score and slip method.  Once fired in the kiln, students glazed their creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment