Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Recycled Flowers, 4th Grade

 I had several boxes of old magazines sitting around my house, so I decided to finally put them to good use.  This project is fairly straight forward.  My students cut out circles to create the flower, and rolled the magazines to create a center.  The stems and the grass was simply cut out and glued down. 
 For the most part, the flowers all look the same.  If I were to do this project again, I think I would encourage my students to experiment with different sizes and shapes for the flower petals. 

4 comments:

  1. A nice group display and good recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these! They came out so nicely. Did they get to choose their background color or did you randomly hand out colors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They chose their color. They had a choice of red, blue, or purple.

      Delete
  3. Effective, child centered work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete