Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Silly Skeletons, 2nd grade

Last week, I had my second graders create Silly Skeletons, which was perfect timing because they have recently been studying the skeletal system in health class. This lesson could also be tied into Halloween or the Day of the Dead.
I began by having my students draw a skeleton with a white pastel. After the skeleton was drawn, students used white tempera paint to paint the skeleton. Lastly, students decorated their skeletons. My only rule was that these skeletons had to be silly and not scary. They were not allowed to add blood or guts.
I think these turned out GREAT!

1 comment: