Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Falling into Space, 5th Grade


My fifth graders loved this project. They were so excited to see them displayed in the hallway. This lesson is a simple way to teach foreshortening to kids. To begin, students traced their hands and feet. After this, students drew an oval for their head. Then students drew in the arms and legs. We colored these with oil pastels. I had the students cut these out and glue them to black paper. On the black paper, students painted stars and planets.
I found this very awesome project on Oodles of Art. I just love the results!

2 comments:

  1. these are so cute and colorful! I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post! Used this idea in my class this past week and posted about it here:
    http://inthelionsname.blogspot.com/2010/05/foreshortening-project.html

    ReplyDelete