Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Sunday, May 1, 2011

Cowboy Boots, 5th Grade

Recently, my fifth graders have been reading stories about the "Wild West," so I thought this was the perfect time to create cowboy boots in art class. Judging by the wonderful results, I think my students enjoyed being "boot designers."
I began this project by showing my students lots of examples of cowboy boots. Cowboy boots come in many different styles and designs. I found many great examples of cowboy boots by just doing a search in Google. To create our cowboy boots, I had my students first draw their boot in pencil. After everything was drawn, they then outlined with a black crayon. Lastly, we used liquid watercolors to add color. This was a very simple project, but the results were quite wonderful. I definitely wish I owned a pair of cowboy boots (especially if they looked like one of these).

1 comment: