Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, April 29, 2011

Viking Ships, 3rd Grade

This week I have had my third graders create these really fun Viking Ships. Students first drew in pencil and then outlined everything with black crayon. I then had my students use liquid watercolors to paint their drawings. I even handed out gold and copper watercolor paint for my students to use.
Overall, I think these boats turned out wonderful. This was the first time I have ever used the metalic watercolor paints, and I really love them. I am sure I will find many uses for this paint in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Your students did a wonderful job using a variety of lines. The third ship is my favorite. The colors are beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete