Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, May 14, 2010

Giant Alligators, 1st Grade

I found this idea on the Art Lessons blog a few days ago. I liked it so much that I thought I would try it with my students. I did make a few changes to the project. Instead of painting the alligator, I had the students use oil pastels.
We started with large green paper. Then I showed the students how to draw the alligator. I reminded them that the alligator should be Gigantic and should fill the entire sheet of paper. Students then decorated their alligators with fun designs and patterns. (They could draw poka dots, zig zags, stripes, hearts, wavy lines, etc.) Everything was drawn with oil pastels. At the very end, I had the students use blue and white paint to add some water at the bottom of the page.
I think this a great way to help students learn to draw big.

No comments:

Post a Comment