Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, February 7, 2019

Pinch Pot Monsters, 2nd Grade

My second graders made pinch pot monsters. 
First, they created pinch pots with clay. Then students added eyes, mouths, and other details to create a monster.  All added pieces were scored and slip.  Hint: If you add vinegar to the slip, it attaches better.
After they were out of the kiln, we painted with watercolors.  I then put a clear acrylic sealer over it, to add a shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment