Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Cakes, 2nd Grade

 These cakes were created by my second graders.  For this project, we looked at the artist, Wayne Thiebaud.  My students just love his artwork. 
 For this project, I taught my students how to draw a cake.  Students then colored the cake with oil pastels.  Next, students cut the cake out and put it aside.  Students then created a cake stand with construction paper.  Lastly, students glued the cake and the cake stand onto a larger piece of paper. 
These look good enough to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment