Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, January 30, 2012

Birch Trees, 4th Grade

I found this great lesson on Deep Space Sparkle, however I have seen similar lessons posted on many other sites. Birch trees are great because they are simple. To begin this lesson, we drew a horizon line and painted the sky with watercolors. Then on a different piece of paper, we drew several trees. On half of the tree we painted a gray shadow. We then use black paint to draw small lines on the tree. After this, we cut the trees out, and glued it to our painting. We then used gray watercolor to paint a shadow in the snow. Lastly we added falling snow by splattering white paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment