Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, December 1, 2011

Falling Through Space, 5th Grade


This is a wonderful project that I have done many times with my fifth graders. It's a great way to teach the idea of foreshortening. It's actually quite simple. We begin by tracing our hands and feet. I then demonstrate how to draw the rest of the body. Finally we color everything with oil pastel, and the background is painted with watercolor.

Every year I LOVE the results.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any more specific tips for teaching them how to draw their body? Love your results.

    ReplyDelete