Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Thursday, June 16, 2011

Finished Bottle Cap Mural

The bottle cap mural is finished, and I just LOVE it. This one is hanging in the school hallway.
My students worked extremely hard on this mural, so they were very excited to see it hanging in the hallway. It looks awesome!
Here is a closeup of the mural. We certainly used a lot of caps for this project. This was such a fun way to recycle.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing your beautiful mural - job VERY well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! How many regular sized tupperware boxes of them did you have? We have one big rubbermaid box of them. . . not sure how much more to collect? IT IS AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Art Project Girl, I don't know exactly how many boxes I had. As they came in, I sorted them into boxes. I had one box for each color, but we didn't completely fill up each box, which makes it hard to answer your question. We did fill up an entire large box with just blue caps, and we used almost all of them. I don't know how large your rubbermaid box is, but you could probably make a smaller mural with that. I doubt you would have enough for one this size though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! What kind of glue did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Çok güzel... Ellerinize sağlık.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! What a great way to have the kids excited about art and recycling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. holly- how did the school hang them on the walls? i want to do this with my class, but the principal said he would not glue them to the wall. we have cement/plaster walls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathielee, I glued mine to the wall, but we also have really heavy cement walls. If you have plaster walls, maybe it would be best to do it on plywood instead of foamcore. Then you could screw it into the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That project looks like so much fun! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy smokes!!! How long did it take you to collect all the caps? Van Gogh would be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic!!!Thanks for sharing!kisses from Greece.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you get the plastic whitish thing out of the middle of some of them. We are just starting to collect and most of them have a whitish seal on them and I was having a hard time getting them out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I popped the whitish thing out. If that didn't work, then I used a little acrylic paint to paint them.

    ReplyDelete