Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, December 10, 2010

Calligrams, 5th Grade

Calligrams are a type of poem where words or phrases are arranged to make a visual image. For this project, I had each students draw an animal and a background. Instead of coloring it in, I had the students color with words. The words had to relate to the object they were coloring. They could use single words, or full sentences. I had my students use colored pencils for this project, but markers would also work.This was very cool, and the students LOVED it. Some students did complain that their hands were hurting them by the end, but the pain was worth it.

5 comments:

  1. Glad this worked out for your students as well as it did for mine!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am from Chile, student of basic education, in a study to investigate blogs, stopped me attention in this, thank her effort to maintain this blog updated and that it goes entirely to the personal growth of students, I am called much the attention, this activity seems to me very interesting of the calligrams, personally it had not seen east type of work, the drawings are very pretty, with the words do not lose the form of the drawn thing, I like because not only one also reddens, the grammar practices and they give a more important sense him to the drawings. I hope that this blog follows in permanent modernization and it contributes to the communication between professor, students and parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, going to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This would also be great for learners of new languages! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete