Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Friday, July 9, 2010

Face Mugs, Summer Art

My summer ceramic kids made these cool face mugs. Some people also call these "Ugly Jugs." We started by making a coil pot. Only we smoothed the coils out so it was smooth. Then students used coils to make eyes, nose and mouth. Make sure students connect everything really well. You don't want the coils falling apart in the kiln.
The students loved making these! and I thought it was fun too.

1 comment:

  1. Good post and Smart Blog
    Thanks for your good information and i hope to subscribe and visit my blog Ancient Greece and more Regions and Peoples of the Mediterranean in the Iron Ag thanks again admin

    ReplyDelete