Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Autumn Trees, 5th Grade





This lesson was all about teaching the students a little atmospheric perspective. Things close to you are larger, things far away smaller. Also, we discussed that having the trees go entirely off the top of the page will make it seem that you are standing right in the middle of the forest. We drew everything in pencil first and then colored with oil pastels. The sky and the grass was painted with watercolor.

Students love oil pastels!!! I truly think it is their favorite thing. Some of my students call them painting crayons. They love to put colors on top of each other and blend it together with their fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment