Welcome to Lines, Dots, and Doodles. This is the place for students, parents, and teachers to find out what has been going on in my art class. I have included pictures of my student's artwork and basic explanations of the projects. I hope when you leave this blog, you feel inspired to create. Feel free to browse this blog and borrow any of my art lessons.


Monday, March 12, 2012

What's in Your Brain?, 3rd Grade

This is a project I love. I've done this lesson several times, and it is always great. To begin this project, I teach my students to draw a human face. Students then color everything with pastels. Next we cut it out, and cut the forehead off. Everything is then glued to construction paper. Lastly, students draw things about themselves flying out of their brains.
I just LOVE these!

3 comments:

  1. What a good idea! That makes the kids think as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!
    Do you have any resources for me to learn how to teach the kids to draw faces?

    ReplyDelete